“The Solar Alliance Show” is a weekly radio show on KFMB 760, hosted by Artie Rose. Artie is the President and CEO of Solar Alliance of America, the leading San Diego County solar installer. You can listen to this week’s episode here.
In this week’s episode, Artie discusses:
- The Federal Solar Incentives. As part of the stimulus package created by President Obama in 2009, you will receive a 30% tax credit on your solar installation. If you pay $10,000, you will receive $3,000 back from the government. If you pay $30,000, you will receive $9,000 back from the government! These are credits, not deductions — this money comes right back to you if you are a tax payer
- California Solar Initiative. Created in 2006, you will also receive money back from California for your San Diego solar installation. This is in addition to the federal solar tax credit!
- Artie Rose has over 30 years of solar expertise. He states how expensive solar was 30 years ago. It also involved complicated systems involving batteries. Now a solar system installation is easy and much more affordable.
- If you fall into a higher tier, your energy bill will spike. The price you pay per kilowatt increases greatly if you use a lot of energy. A solar installation will help you avoid these higher tiers.
- Public purpose programs. These are programs you pay into along with your energy bill. These programs help fund the various solar initiatives. So you’re already paying money into a solar system– just for someone else! Get your own installation and get this money back.